Bringing out the best
Located in the quiet, residential Woodlawn section of Schenectady, New York, Kingsway Arms Nursing Center has earned a reputation for excellence since opening in 1975. Registered, professional staff provide care management 24-hours a day with a focus on improving quality of life for each resident. On-site physical, occupational and speech therapies are available. Diversified recreational activities are designed for entertainment and therapeutic value. The Dining Room offers restaurant-style meals with choice of entrée. Scheduled transportation to medical appointments is included. Kingsway recognizes that the most important elements of any therapeutic program are the dignity and respect of each individual.
Features and Services
Features at Kingsway Arms:
• Spacious private and semi-private furnished rooms
• Landscaped courtyards and patios for outdoors activities
• Fully sprinklered building with smoke and heat detectors, and fire-resistant construction
• Private dining room for family gatherings
• Completely air-conditioned with individual climate controls in every room
• Cozy gathering spaces with fireplaces
Services at Kingsway Arms:
• Multidisciplinary care plans designed to meet individual resident’s needs
• Registered Professional Nurses leading nursing care management 24-hours a day
• Restorative Nursing Program providing intermediate or transitional services from rehabilitation to every day living
• Physician services by attending physicians with strong ties to the local medical community
• Three meals served restaurant-style, individually tailored to the taste and nutritional needs of each resident, plus snacks and refreshments throughout the day
• Social, recreational activities designed to enhance the resident’s daily life, including Intergenerational Programs with the children of Kingsway Kids Center
• Religious, memorial and patriotic services
• Resident and Family Services staff providing support and assistance as well as discharge planning services for residents and their families
• Pastoral care visits
• Music Therapy, Therapeutic Recreation and Pet Therapy
• Speech and Language Therapy available on-site through the Speech and Reading Improvement Center
• Podiatry, dental, audiology, and psychology/psychiatry services
• Hospice/comfort care
• Pharmacy services
• Local optician services for repairs and prescriptions
• Portable radiologic service
• Lab work collections
• Beauty Salon/Barber Shop
• Telephone ready
• Expanded cable services
• Newspaper delivery
As part of our seamless continuum of care, Kingsway Arms has developed post-acute programs and services to meet the varying health needs of our residents. With an integrated approach to resident care, Kingsway can be used as an intermediate step from hospital or rehab to home.
Providing these services in our nursing center allows us to better manage some chronic and post-acute conditions and promote shortened recovery periods. The services may also reduce the need for hospitalization for some residents, thereby reducing transfer trauma and helping to maintain the highest quality of life.
Kingsway Arms is licensed by the New York State Department of Health, and is approved for Medicare and Medicaid and is a member of the American Health Care Association, the New York State Health Facilities Association, the American College of Health Care Administrators and New York Association for Long Term Care Administrators.
For additional information, call (518) 393-4117. Our Admissions Coordinator can assist you.
May 9, 2013
How does the one month's rent FREE sound?? Move into either of our independent living residences - Kingsway Village Apartments or Parkland Garden Apartments - before Augu...