Dear Kingsway Manor Residents, Families and Friends,
UPDATE for Wednesday, September 23, 2020: Limited Visitation at Kingsway Manor Assisted Living and Memory Care Center is suspended until further notice. Please note that the below visitation plan and procedures will be utilized when limited outdoor visitation can resume. We will keep you updated, please check back here at our website or for futher questions please contact Michele Bauer, Kingsway Manor Activities Director at 518-393-4304.
Today (September 14, 2020) I am sharing our plan for the resumption of limited visitation with loved ones who reside at Kingsway Manor Assisted Living and Memory Care Center. We've received new guidance from New York State Department of Health which permits the hosting of visits to our facility. Pursuant to a requirement of this new advisory, we have submitted the following Visitation Plan via the NY Forward Safety Plan.
Please note that a key requirement of this advisory is that there be no new confirmed staff or resident cases of COVID-19 within the previous 14 days. As such, this policy may be modified or suspended with little or no notice - either due to our learning of a new positive case, or because of changes in federal/state/local health authority guidelines. We will keep you informed of changes to this policy, by posting them on our website and by email, as they are determined to be necessary.
That said, we want to share with you our safety guidelines for Scheduled Limited Visitation, which will go into effect Monday, September 14, 2020.
Who is Permitted to Visit:
• Visitation is open to family and friends with the exception of those persons visiting from, or who recently traveled to (within the past 14 days) or recently spent time with someone from any of the current travel-restricted states (per NYS DOH), unless they have subsequently completed the required 14 day quarantine period.
• All visitors must be 18 years of age or accompanied by an adult.
• Residents with COVID-19 signs or symptoms, are on quarantine or on isolation, are not eligible for visitation.
• Upon arrival, visitors will be screened by staff for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 including a temperature check and completing a questionnaire. Questions will consist of reporting symptoms, possible exposure, and recent travel. Visitors who fail, or refuse, the screening process will be declined visitation.
• Each resident visit will be limited to two visitors at a time. At no time shall the total number of visitors exceed 10.
• Visitors who do not adhere to the visitation guidelines will have their visit terminated.
When Visitation Can Take Place:
• Visits must be scheduled, please contact the Activity or Social Work department.
• In order to ensure safety and provide all residents with an opportunity to see their loved ones, visits will be initially limited to half-hour increments and can be scheduled to take place Monday-Saturday between 9am to 2pm.
• Visitor demographic information will be collected at check-in to include name, address, phone number, and email address. Each visit will be logged and stored electronically to include date and time of visit, resident who received visitors, and visitor demographic information.
• Visitors will be provided the Visitor Expectations Fact Sheet.
• Once visitors pass the screening process they will be brought to the visitation location. Staff will then escort the resident to the visit.
How Visitation Will Occur:
• Visits will take place outdoors, under cover, on the front porch when weather permits. The Crystal Dining Room will be used as an alternate location should visits have to take place indoors. Staff will permit visitors into the Crystal Dining Room through its outside entrance to avoid travel through the facility.
• Both visitors and the resident must perform hand hygiene before and after the scheduled visit by washing hands with soap and water or using alcohol base hand sanitizer which is provided.
• Visitors and residents will wear face masks or face coverings over their nose and mouth throughout the duration of their visit. The facility will provide face masks to any residents or visitors if they do not have one.
• Visits are contactless, and social distancing of 6 feet will be maintained during the visit. Markers are placed as reminders.
• Per Department of Health regulations, a staff member will monitor visitation to ensure all procedures are followed accordingly.
• Staff will disinfect the visitation area including the tables and chairs after each visit.
We ask that all residents and visitors comply with the protocols so that together we can ensure limited visitation is successful and continues. Thank you for your understanding and know that our highest priority is to keep you and your loved one's safe.
Thanks in advance,
Azra Stracuzzi, Administrator
Kingsway Manor Assisted Living and Memory Care Center