Kingsway Community is taking all precautions to ensure the well-being of our residents, their families and our staff, as we continue to closely monitor the spread of coronavirus (COVID 19), as we do with every health and safety concern.
While we have no suspected or confirmed cases anywhere at Kingsway Community, we are taking the following proactive steps to protect our most vulnerable residents and prevent the spread of pathogens:
Effective at 8pm tonight visiting hours at Kingsway Arms Nursing Center are suspended until further notice. This includes the prohibition of visits from other Kingsway Community residents visiting to the Kingsway Arms. Kingsway Arms residents and family members will have access to alternate remote visitation tools, such as schedule phone calls, Facetime or Skype. Please contact Rachel Caracciolo at 518-393-4117 to arrange a remote visit time. We are taking this step out of an abundance of caution and we all hope that this will be a temporary measure.
Further, at Kingsway Arms Nursing Center, we will transition to telephonic care conference meetings.
We have also stepped up our prevention efforts at each of the other facilities on our Kingsway Community campus. We ask those who are either ill, or experiencing even mild symptoms, or who have traveled to an effected area, to not visit as you will be asked to leave. We truly appreciate your help with this.
If you are experiencing symptoms such as fever, shortness of breath, cough, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea please do not visit until you are completely recovered.
If you have traveled to an effected area, or you know you have spent time with someone who has, please do not visit.
Additional prevention measures also include:
- We have prohibited visitors in all of the dining facilities.
- We have discontinued outings to public gathering spaces such as malls, religious services, theaters and casinos.
- Expanded and increased frequency of all cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- Enhanced screening of all visitors.
- Cancelation or limitation of group events.
- Strict adherence to prohibiting any sick staff from coming to work.
- Hand-sanitizing is mandatory for all visitor’s and staff when entering a facility.
- We have temporarily discontinued non-essential interns, students in clinical training and volunteers.
- Tours are either limited to a few common areas or suspended, where prudence demands.
Infections like flu and coronavirus are especially dangerous to our most vulnerable residents so please know that we are very thankful for your cooperation with each of these measures. We will continue to monitor information from federal, state and local officials and provide regular updates on modifications to our plan as deemed prudent and necessary. Please check back here at kingswaycommunity.com, or please contact a member of our care team if you have further questions.