Dear Kingsway Arms Friends and Families,
Please note that in-person visitation at Kingsway Arms Nursing Center is suspended until further notice. For any questions, or to schedule a Vesitbule or Virtual visit with your loved one, please contact your loved one's Recreation Coordinator. Further information can be found in this posting.
Below is the Kingsway Arms plan for limited in-person visitation with loved ones who reside at Kingsway Arms Nursing Center. We've received detailed guidance from New York State Department of Health which permits the hosting of visits to our facility and we are bound to abide by it.
Please note that there are two key requirements of this advisory. One is that there be no new staff or resident testing positive for COVID-19 within the previous 14 days, and the second is that all visitors must present a negative COVID-19 test result that was performed within 7 days of the scheduled visit. Information on testing in our area is available online, or by calling the NYS COVID-19 hotline at 1-888-364-3065.
Please note that this policy may be modified or suspended with little or no notice due to changes in federal/state/local guidelines or the onset of a new positive test among staff or residents. We will keep you informed of changes to this policy, by posting them on our website and by email, as they are determined to be necessary.
That said, we want to share with you our safety procedures for Scheduled Limited Visitation, which will go into effect Monday, October 5, 2020 if all required conditions remain favorable.
Who is Permitted to Visit Kingsway Arms:
- Visitation is open to family members and loved ones with the exception of those persons visiting from, or who recently traveled to (within the past 14 days) or recently spent time with someone from any of the current travel-restricted states (per NYS DOH), unless they have subsequently completed the required 14 day quarantine period.
- Visitors must present a negative COVID-19 test result that was performed within 7 days of the scheduled visit.
- All visitors must be 18 years of age or be accompanied by an adult.
- Residents who remain on a precautionary quarantine, such as for a new admission, are prohibited from visitation until after the end of the quarantine.
- Upon arrival, visitors will be screened by staff for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 including a temperature check and completing a questionnaire (see sample). A copy of each visitor’s COVID-19 test result will be made and kept confidential. Questions will consist of reporting symptoms, possible exposure, and recent travel. Visitors who fail, or refuse, the screening process will be declined visitation. Please do not arrive for your scheduled visit if you feel you cannot pass the screening process. Please call to reschedule.
- Each resident visit will be limited to two visitors at a time.
- Per NYSDOH directives visitors who do not adhere to the Visitation Guidelines will have their visit terminated and they will be prohibited from visiting again for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.
When Visitation Can Take Place:
- Visitation is by appointment only and open to family members and loved ones.
- Each visit will be limited to 30 minutes. Subsequent visits will not be scheduled until all residents have had an opportunity for a first visit.
- Family members and loved ones can continue to schedule Vestibule visits (as well as Facetime and Skype virtual visiting sessions).
In-Person and Vestibule Visiting Days & Times:
Sunday: No Visitation
Monday & Friday: In-Person Visits only, 9am-11am & 2pm-4pm
Tuesday & Thursday: Vestibule Visits only, 9am-11am & 2pm-4pm & 6pm-8pm
Wednesday: In-Person Visits only, 9am-11am & 2pm-4pm & 6pm-8pm
Saturday: Vestibule Visits only, 2-4pm
Please contact your resident’s Recreation Coordinator listed below by Neigborhood/Wing:
Woodlawn (A-Wing): Sara McFadden, email@example.com, ext. 2009
Bellevue (B-Wing): Kristal Persaud, firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 2009
Central Park (C-Wing): Rachel Caracciolo, email@example.com, ext. 2008
Stockade (D-Wing): Shauna Jubrey, firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 2009
How Visitation Will Occur:
- Visits will take place in our A-Wing Lobby (at this time) which is the same entry door as our Vestibule Visits. Visitation is strictly prohibited in resident rooms or care areas.
- All visitors are required to use facility hand sanitizer before and after the visit, and wear a disposable face mask, which fully covers mouth and nose, at all times while on the premises. We will provide face masks to any resident or visitor if they do not have one.
- Visitor demographic information will be collected at check-in to include name, address, phone number, and email address. Each visit will be logged and stored electronically to include date and time of visit, and name of resident visited.
- Visitors will be provided the Visitor Expectations Fact Sheet.
- Visits are contactless, and social distancing of 6 feet will be maintained during the visit. Markers are placed as reminders.
- Our staff is required to monitor the visitation process but will respect your privacy.
- Staff will disinfect the visitation area including the tables and chairs after each visit.
Thank you for your compliance with this as well as your support and understanding during this time. We look forward to seeing you!
- Mark Olsen, Kingsway Arms Administrator