Dear Kingsway Arms Friends and Families,
Please take note of the following necessary precautions and regulatory requirements regarding visitation , updated July 12, 2021, that work to keep everyone at Kingsway safe and to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
Consistent with DOH and CDC/CMS guidance, indoor and outdoor visitation can now occur with less limitations due to the high level of vaccination among nursing home residents, based on vaccination status:
- Fully Vaccinated residents who visit with a fully vaccinated visitors can have close contact with or without a facemask while in the resident’s private room or designated visiting area, both indoors and outdoors.
- Non-Vaccinated residents may have in-room “6-foot socially distanced” visitation while in the resident’s private room or designated visiting area and must wear a facemask at all times.
- Non-Vaccinated visitors must wear a facemask at all times during visitation.
Visitor COVID-19 Testing:
- Visitors may ask for a 15-minute COVID rapid test which can be performed by facility staff, at no cost to the visitor.
- Each visitor must provide the following information: first and last name, street address; daytime and evening telephone number, email address (if available). Visitors participating in a Covid-19 rapid test will also be asked for gender, DOB, and signature.
Visitation is by appointment only and is limited to:
- 4 Visitors – If all visitors are fully vaccinated.
- 2 Visitors – If anyone visiting is not fully vaccinated.
- Up to 2 children under the age of 12 do not count toward the visitor limit.
- The duration of each visit has been expanded to 2-hours.
- Indoor Visitation can occur in the resident’s private room. For residents who share a room, the visit will be conducted in a designated area (either Main Lobby Conference Room, Marsh Conference Room, Kings Dining Room or Bellevue Conference Room).
- Outdoor Visitation: The Recreation Courtyard can be used by request for visits. Vaccinated visitors may also take vaccinated residents outside on the grounds of the Kingsway Campus. Please also be sure not to congregate with other visitors.
- Visitors will have access to resident’s room/designated area and are not permitted to travel to other areas within the facility.
- Each visitation space, whether in the resident’s private room or one of our four designated areas will have no more than a maximum of one resident and 4 guests at any one time.
- Residents who remain COVID-19 positive beyond 14-days, or residents with COVID-19 signs or symptoms, as well as residents within a precautionary 14-day quarantine period are ineligible for in-person visits.
Expanded In-Person Visiting Days and Times
7-Days per Week 9am – 11am, 2pm - 4pm, and 6pm – 8pm
Visits are by appointment only. To schedule a visit, please contact Sunita Hansraj, Visitation Scheduler between 9am and 1pm Monday through Friday by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (518) 393-4117.
All Visitors, regardless of vaccination status, are required to follow infection control protocols, use facility hand sanitizer before and after each visit and wear a facemask while on the premises.
- Visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 upon entry at each visit. Screening consists of both temperature check and responses to screening questions, which include:
- Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48-hours? Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
- Have you had international travel in the past 14-days? (If vaccinated, this provision ends 4-1-2021)
- Within the past 14-days have you had close physical contact with anyone who has tested Positive to COVID-19, who is quarantined for a potential exposure, or who is displaying the above symptoms?
- Please do not arrive for your scheduled visit if you feel you cannot pass the screening process. Please call to reschedule.
- Visitation will be refused to any individual who exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms or who does not pass the screening questions.
- Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- A copy of our formal Visitation Plan is posted on the website and broadcasted via email.
- Our staff is required to monitor the visitation process but will respect your privacy.
- If any visitor fails to adhere to these protocols, per NYS-DOH requirements, they will be required to leave and may be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.
There are exceptions to visitation schedules during periods of outbreak testing:
- If an outbreak does occur, visitation may still proceed on unaffected nursing units if the outbreak is confined to an individual nursing unit.
- If an outbreak goes beyond an individual nursing unit, then all visitation will be suspended until testing of staff and residents is 100% negative for a period of at least 14-days.
Please Note: Visitation may be suspended or modified at any time due to federal/state/local guidelines and regulations or at the facility’s discretion.
We look forward to seeing you!