Dear Kingsway Arms Friends and Families,
We have received revised guidance NYSDOH which allows for both indoor and outdoor visitation with less limitations, due to the high level of vaccination among nursing home residents, and the low positivity rate in the broader community.
Please take note of the following necessary precautions and regulatory requirements to keep everyone at Kingsway safe and to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
How Visitation Can Take Place Kingsway Arms:
• Consistent with NYSDOH/CDC/CMS guidance, indoor and outdoor visitation can now occur with less limitations due to the high level of vaccination among nursing home residents.
• Visitor testing for COVID-19 is strongly encouraged for routine or special circumstance visits, regardless of vaccination status.
• All Visitors, regardless of their vaccination status, are required to follow infection control protocols, use facility hand sanitizer before and after each visit and always wear a disposable medical face mask, fully covering the mouth and nose, while on the premises. Facility will supply masks if needed.
There are exceptions during periods of outbreak testing:
• If an outbreak does occur, visitation may still proceed on unaffected nursing units if the outbreak is confined to an individual nursing unit.
• If an outbreak goes beyond an individual nursing unit then all visitation will be suspended until testing of staff and residents is 100% negative for a period of at least 14-days.
Resident Vaccination Status:
• Non-Vaccinated Residents: May have in-room “6-foot socially distanced” visitation as long as the county COVID positivity rate is less than 10% and 70% of our overall resident population are fully vaccinated. (Currently the COVID positivity rate for Schenectady County is 1.8% and over 99% of our residents are vaccinated)
• Vaccinated Residents: While “6-foot socially distanced” visitation is still encouraged, vaccinated residents may have in-room visitation with close contact while also wearing a mask.
• Visitor testing is no longer required. However, we believe visitor testing is still the best way to keep our staff and residents safe. Therefore, we will continue to offer each visitor a15-minute COVID rapid test which can be performed by facility staff, at no cost to the visitor. Subsequent testing will be offered if it has been more than three days since your last visit.
When Visitation Can Take Place:
• Visitation is by appointment only and limited to two (2) family members and/or loved ones for each visit. The duration will be limited to 60 minutes per visit.
• Visitation can occur in the resident’s private room. For residents who share a room, the visit will be conducted in a designated area (either Main Lobby Conference Room, Marsh Conference Room, Kings Dining Room or Bellevue Conference Room).
• Visitors will have access to resident’s room/designated area and are not permitted to travel to other areas within the facility.
• Each visitation space, whether in the resident’s private room or one of our four designated areas will have no more than a maximum of one resident and two guests at any one time.
• Residents who remain COVID-19 positive beyond 14-days, or residents with COVID-19 signs or symptoms, as well as residents within a precautionary 14-day quarantine period, are ineligible for in-person visits.
• Family members and loved ones can continue to schedule Facetime and Skype virtual visiting sessions.
Visiting Days & Times:
Sunday: 9am-11am (Starting April 4, 2021)
Monday: 9am – 11am & 2pm - 4pm
Tuesday: 9am – 11am & 2pm - 4pm & 6pm-8pm
Wednesday: 9am – 11am & 2pm - 4pm
Thursday: 9am – 11am & 2pm - 4pm & 6pm-8pm
Friday: 9am – 11am & 2pm - 4pm
Saturday: 9am – 11am
Visits are by appointment only. Please contact Rachel Caracciolo, Director of Recreation Coordinator, between 9am and 4pm Monday through Friday by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at (518) 393-4117.
How Each Visit Will Occur:
• Visitors are required to use facility hand sanitizer before and after each visit and always wear a disposable medical face mask, fully covering the mouth and nose, while on the premises. Facility will supply masks if needed.
• Each visitor must provide the following information: first and last name, street address; daytime and evening telephone number, email address (if available). Visitors participating in a Covid-19 rapid test will also be asked for gender, DOB, and signature.
• Visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 upon entry at each visit. Screening consists of both temperature check and responses to screening questions, which include:
1. Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48-hours? Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
2. Have you traveled outside of New York in the past 14-days? (If so, there will be additional questions -- and this provision ends 4-1-2021).
3. Within the past 14-days have you had close physical contact with anyone who has tested Positive to COVID-19, who is quarantined for a potential exposure, or who is displaying the above symptoms?
• Please do not arrive for your scheduled visit if you feel you cannot pass the screening process. Please call to reschedule.
• Visitation will be refused to any individual who exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms or who does not pass the screening questions.
• Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
• A copy of our formal Visitation Plan is posted on our website and broadcasted via email.
• Our staff is required to monitor the visitation process but we will respect your privacy.
• If any visitor fails to adhere to these protocols, per NYS-DOH requirements, they will be required to leave, and may be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.
• Please note that visitation may be suspended or modified at any time due to federal/state/local guidelines and regulations, or at the facility’s discretion.
Thank you for your patience, support and understanding during this time.
We look forward to seeing you!
Mark Olsen, Administrator
Kingsway Arms Nursing Center