Dear Kingsway Arms Friends and Families,
I am very pleased to share our detailed plan for the resumption of limited in-person visitation with loved ones who reside at Kingsway Arms Nursing Center.
Please keep in mind that this policy may be modified or suspended with little or no notice due to changes in federal/state/local guidelines or the onset of a new positive cases among staff or residents. We will keep you informed of changes to this policy, by posting them on our website and by email, as they are determined to be necessary.
That said, we want to share with you our safety procedures for Scheduled In-Person Visitation, which can take place beginning this Friday, February 26, 2021, if all required conditions continue to remain favorable.
How Visitation Can Take Place Kingsway Arms:
• Visitation will occur during periods of time when the facility testing of staff and residents is 100% negative for a period of at least 14-days. Visitation status can change at any time, please review our website for any changes in visitation status.
• Consistent with CMS and NYS-DOH guidance, visitation can only occur when Schenectady County COVID positivity rate is 10% or below.
• Out of an abundance of caution, Kingsway requires that each visitor participate in a 15-minute COVID rapid test which will be performed by facility staff prior to each visit, at no cost to the visitor.
• Visitors who are vaccinated are still required to be tested for visitation.
• Visitation can occur in the resident’s private room. For residents who share a room, the visit will be conducted in a designated area (either Main Lobby Conference Room, Marsh Conference Room, Kings Dining Room or Bellevue Conference Room).
• Visitors will have access to resident’s room/designated area and are not permitted to travel to other areas within the facility.
• Each visitation space, whether in the resident’s private room or one of our four designated areas, will be occupied by no more than a maximum of one resident and two guests at any one time.
• Visitors MUST adhere to all infection control protocols and maintain a safe social distance at all times.
• Residents who remain COVID-19 positive beyond 14-days, or residents with COVID-19 signs or symptoms, as well as residents within a precautionary 14-day quarantine period are ineligible for in-person visits.
When Visitation Can Take Place:
• Visitation is by appointment only and limited to two (2) family members and/or loved ones for each visit. The duration will be limited to 30 minutes per visit.
• Residents who have been in the facility from the start of the pandemic will be given priority first visits.
• Each visit will be limited to 30 minutes. Subsequent visits will not be scheduled until all residents have had an opportunity for a first visit.
• Family members and loved ones can continue to schedule Facetime and Skype virtual visiting sessions.
Visiting Days & Times:
Sunday: No Visitors
Monday: 9am – 11am & 2pm - 4pm
Tuesday: 9am – 11am & 2pm - 4pm
Wednesday: 9am – 11am & 2pm - 4pm
Thursday: 9am – 11am & 2pm - 4pm
Friday: 9am – 11am & 2pm - 4pm
Saturday: 9am – 11am
To schedule a visit, please contact the Recreation Coordinator listed below between 9am and 4pm Monday through Friday by email or phone at (518) 393-4117.
Woodlawn (A-Wing): Sara McFadden, firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 2009
Bellevue (B-Wing): Kristal Persaud, email@example.com, ext. 2009
Central Park (C-Wing): Rachel Caracciolo, firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 2008
Stockade (D-Wing): Shauna Jubrey, email@example.com, ext. 2009
How Each Visit Will Occur:
• Visitors are required to use facility hand sanitizer before and after each visit and always wear a disposable medical face mask, fully covering the mouth and nose, while on the premises. Facility will supply masks if needed.
• Each visitor must provide the following information during each visit: first and last name, street address; daytime and evening telephone number, email address (if available) as well as gender, DOB, and signature (for testing purposes).
• Visitors will be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 upon entry at each visit. Screening consists of both temperature check and responses to screening questions, which include:
1. Have you experienced any of the following symptoms in the past 48-hours? Fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.
2. Have you traveled outside of New York in the past 14-days? (If so, there will be additional questions).
3. Within the past 14-days have you had close physical contact with anyone who has tested Positive to COVID-19, who is quarantined for a potential exposure, or who is displaying the above symptoms?
• Please do not arrive for your scheduled visit if you feel you cannot pass the screening process. Please call to reschedule.
• Visitation will be refused to any individual who exhibits any COVID-19 symptoms or who does not pass the screening questions.
• Visitors will be appropriately socially distanced (6-feet) from residents.
• Visitors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
• A copy of our formal Visitation Plan is posted on the website and broadcasted via email.
• Our staff is required to monitor the visitation process but we will respect your privacy.
• If any visitor fails to adhere to these protocols, per NYS-DOH requirements, they will be prohibited from visiting for the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.
• Please Note: Visitation may be suspended or modified at any time due to federal/state/local guidelines and regulations or at the facility’s discretion.
• Please also know that in-person visitation will cease for a period of 14-days if is a resident or staff member tests positive for COVID-19.
Thank you for your patience, support and understanding during this time.
We look forward to seeing you!
Mark Olsen, Administrator
Kingsway Arms Nursing Center