Dear Kingsway Manor Residents, Families and Friends,
I want to share that all the necessary safety conditions and requirements are in place so that we can resume limited scheduled in-person visitation at Kingsway Manor and our full visitation policy outlined is below. As a reminder, please be aware that in-person visitation may be modified or suspended with little or no notice - either due to our learning of a new positive case, or because of changes in federal/state/local health authority guidelines. We will keep you informed of changes to this policy, by posting them under "News" on our website and by email, as they are determined to be necessary.
Who is Permitted to Visit:
• Visitation is open to family and friends.
• All visitors must be 18 years of age or accompanied by an adult.
• Residents with COVID-19 signs or symptoms, are on quarantine or on isolation, are not eligible for visitation.
• Upon arrival, visitors will be screened by staff for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 including a temperature check and completing a questionnaire. Questions will consist of reporting symptoms, possible exposure, and recent travel. Visitors who fail, or refuse, the screening process will be declined visitation.
• Each resident visit will be limited to two visitors at a time.
• Visitors who do not adhere to the visitation guidelines will have their visit terminated.
When Visitation Can Take Place:
• Visits must be scheduled, please contact Andrea Peters in our Activities department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518-393-5804.
• In order to ensure safety and provide all residents with an opportunity to see their loved ones, visits will be initially limited to half-hour increments and can be scheduled to take place Monday-Saturday between 9am to 2pm.
• Visitor demographic information will be collected at check-in to include name, address, phone number, and email address. Each visit will be logged and stored electronically to include date and time of visit, resident who received visitors, and visitor demographic information.
• Visitors will be provided the Visitor Expectations Fact Sheet.
• Once visitors pass the screening process they will be brought to the visitation location. Staff will then escort the resident to the visit.
How Visitation Will Occur:
• Visits will take place in the Crystal Dining Room (when weather permits we can expand visitation to outdoor spaces). Staff will permit visitors into the Crystal Dining Room through its outside entrance to avoid travel through the facility.
• Both visitors and the resident must perform hand hygiene before and after the scheduled visit by washing hands with soap and water or using alcohol base hand sanitizer which is provided.
• Visitors and residents will wear face masks or face coverings over their nose and mouth throughout the duration of their visit. The facility will provide face masks to any residents or visitors if they do not have one.
• Visits are contactless, and social distancing of 6 feet will be maintained during the visit. Markers are placed as reminders.
• Per Department of Health regulations, a staff member will monitor visitation to ensure all procedures are followed accordingly.
• Staff will disinfect the visitation area including the tables and chairs after each visit.
We ask that all residents and visitors comply with the protocols so that together we can ensure scheduled visitation is successful and continues. Thank you for your understanding and know that our highest priority is to keep you and your loved one's safe.
Thanks in advance,
Azra Stracuzzi, Administrator
Kingsway Manor Assisted Living and Memory Care Center