Where To See Live Music In Schenectady This Summer
While Saratoga Performing Arts Center and Albany’s MVP Arena are not far from Kingsway Community, venues around Schenectady offer some world-class live music a bit closer to home. Here are some concerts to check out in Schenectady in the coming months.
This summer marks the 32nd season of the free concert series that takes place in Schenectady’s Central Park. This series brings an eclectic mix of talent from around our region and around the world. Here’s some of this summers’ offerings:
- July 17: Nathan & The Zydeco Cha Chas
- July 23: Nipperfest with great local music icons
- July 24: Sammy Miller & The Congregation
- July 28: Blues BBQ featuring Shemekia Copeland
- July 31: Lemon Bucket Orkestra
- August 4: Dakhabrakha
- August 7: Spanish Harlem Orchestra
- August 13: Schenectady Symphony Orchestra
- August 14: Steep Canyon Rangers
- August 21: The Frigg
Frog Alley Brewing has quickly established itself not only as Schenectady’s craft beer destination, but also as a premier concert destination. This summer’s concert series is already in full swing; here are the upcoming shows you won’t want to miss:
- July 15: Everclear’s 30th Anniversary Tour
- July 23: Get the Led Out: A Tribute to Led Zeppelin
- August 6: Almost Queen: A Tribute to Queen with special guest Philadelphia Freedom: A Tribute to Elton John
- August 13: Thunderstruck
- August 19: Lit with Special Guest Marcy Playground
- August 20: Fuel
- September 10: Stone Temple Pilots with special guest Robot Monster
SummerNight, Schenectady County’s annual block party and concert that hasn’t been held since 2019, returns to State Street this July 22. This year the event will be headlined by alt rock band Better Than Ezra, but two stages will welcome multiple musical guests between 5-10pm. Other family-friendly festivities will include a kids zone, face painting, rock-climbing and art activities, and food and drink vendors will be on hand.
This summer, four fantastic nights of al fresco live music are coming to Mohawk Harbor as part of the Harbor Jam series. Each evening will kick off at 5pm with a DJ followed by a regional act, and the tribute band headliner will take the stage at 7:30.
- July 29: Brass Transit – The Musical Legacy of Chicago with Ten Most Wanted and DJ Ketchup
- July 30: The Lords of 52nd Street – Legends of the Billy Joel Band with David J and DJ Kevin Richards
- August 26: Journey – Performed by Separate Ways the Band with Skeeter Creek and DJ Jay Pierre
- August 27: Shining Star – A Tribute to Earth, Wind & Fire with Scars N’ Stripes and DJ Ketchup
While Proctors is known for hosting Broadway’s most famous plays and musicals, this August 27, the historic theater will function as a concert venue, welcoming hit ’90s R&B vocal group Boyz II Men to the MainStage.
(Just outside of Schenectady, Scotia’s Freedom Park will also be hosting live music all summer long. See the lineup of shows here.)