Serves 4-6 people
Vegetable Stock, 2 ½ cups
Garlic, chopped, 3 cloves
Carrot, medium, diced, 2 cups
Apple, granny smith, cored, 1
Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded, diced, 4 lbs.
Leeks, sliced, rinsed, 2 cups
Fresh Sage, 4 leaves
Salt, 1 tsp
White Pepper, ½ tsp
Cinnamon, ¼ tsp
Nutmeg, ¼ tsp
Heavy Cream, 3 cups
- In a heavy bottom pot, add the vegetable stock, garlic, carrot, apple, butternut squash, sage, leeks, salt, pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cook on medium high until mixture reaches a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cover with top.
- Simmer for 30-40 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and puree soup mixture until smooth.
- Add the heavy cream and bring back to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste soup adjust seasoning to preference, add more heavy cream or broth to adjust thickness.