Located in the quiet, residential Woodlawn section of Schenectady, New York, Kingsway Arms Nursing Center has earned a national award winning reputation for excellence since opening in 1975.
Professional and experienced staff provide care management 24-hours a day with a focus on improving quality of life for each resident. On-site physical, occupational and speech therapies are available. Diversified recreational and life enrichment programs are designed for entertainment and therapeutic value. The dining rooms offer restaurant-style meals with choice of entrée. Scheduled transportation to medical appointments is included.
Kingsway recognizes that the most important elements of any therapeutic program are the dignity and respect of each individual as well as the involvement of friends and family.
Post Acute Services:
The goal of Kingsway Arms is to provide the most comprehensive rehabilitation in the long term care setting. The restorative phsycial, occupational and speech therapy programs are designed to promote the highest quality of life and independence for our residents with an emphasis on returning home or to a lower level of care.
As part of our seamless continuum of care, Kingsway Arms has developed rehabilitation programs and services to meet the varying health needs of our residents. These programs allow us to better manage some chronic and post-acute conditions and promote shortened recovery periods. They may also reduce the need for hospitalization for some residents, which helps maintain a higher quality of life. The rehabilitation programs are designed to prevent re-hospitalization so that we can treat certain conditions in place.
Kingsway Arms is licensed by the New York State Department of Health, and is approved for Medicare and Medicaid and is a member of the American Health Care Association, the New York State Health Facilities Association, the American College of Health Care Administrators and New York Association for Long Term Care Administrators.
- Medical staff comprised of Physicians and Nurse Practitioners
- Spacious and tastefully decorated private furnished rooms with limited number of semi-private rooms also available
- Chef prepared selective menus are served restaurant style in our dining rooms; individually tailored to the taste and needs of each resident
- Snacks and refreshments are available throughout the day
- Landscaped courtyards and patios for outdoor activities
- Telephone ready rooms
- Cable TV included
- Private dining rooms for family gatherings
- Completely air-conditioned with individual climate controls
- Cozy gathering spaces with fireplaces
- Sprinkler system throughout the building with smoke, heat and carbon monoxide detectors
- Hair Salon
- Resident security systems
- Hospice care
If you are interested in becoming a resident, we invite you to download and complete our confidential Application for Residency.