Kingsway's short-term rehabilitation program serves as an intermediate step from hospital to home. Restoring function and returning to the community is the focus of our team of rehabilitation experts. Physical, occupational, and speech therapy services are provided on an individual basis in a modern, state of the art facility. Our highly trained nursing and rehabilitation staff are focused to ensure each resident reaches his/her highest degree of independence.
The seamless ability to transition from one level of care to another, all within one campus community, sets us apart from the traditional nursing care center. Our staff, at all levels of care, works together to offer choice and ensure individual preferences during each transition.
Each resident is evaluated upon admission to establish resident-centered treatment plans that optimize quality of life.
- Individualized treatments
- Flexible scheduling
- Treatments up to six days a week
- Wii gaming computer system for treatment use in improving balance and agility
- Nu-Step for endurance and strengthening
- Liko Lift to facilitate ambulation
- Weights to maintain strength
- Exercise bicycle
- Parallel bars
- Arm pulleys for range of motion
- Mock studio apartment with kitchen for occupational therapy
Residents and their families participate in home evaluations as part of the transition back to a more independent setting.
Rehabilitation can be provided on a short term or long term basis. Therapy assessments are done regularly on each resident.
For additional information, call (518) 393-4117. Our Admissions Coordinator can assist you.